Europa-List: Europa / differences training (UK / Europe)

Subject: Europa-List: Europa / differences training (UK / Europe)
From: nimbusaviation@YAHOO.COM
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 19:49:09

Hi all - I and my syndicate partner are new owners based UK. This question for
the group is directed towards UK Europa operators, however other folks based
elsewhere
in Europe might have opinion.

Q. is Differences Training a mandatory or legal requirement for operating this
aircraft under UK Permit / CAA/JAR PPL? Specifically, pertaining to monowheel
/ retract and CS prop.

We DO NOT question the clear importance of full and correct conversion training
/ LAA coaching scheme etc etc, but wish to understand any official requirement.
It happens we are both tailwheel and glider pilots, so the process should,
we hope and anticipate, be smooth! Paperwork is often another matter.

Glenn Rainey
Martin Burns
G-OJHL
Scotland EGPG