Europa-List: Re: Sticking throttle cable, need a good fix!

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Sticking throttle cable, need a good fix!
From: h&amp;jeuropa <butcher43@att.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 04:37:23

Bob,

We followed Erich's mod several years ago.  The .078 cable does not fit in the
original housing.  What you purchase from ACS will be a complete cable, solid
wire and housing.  You will have to make adapters to connect the housing to the
Europa throttle housing and also to the carbs.  We purchased those from
Lockwood.

Others have just replaced the stranded wire with piano wire.  We tried that (got
wire from McMaster) but were unable to straighten the wire so it would work
in the housing.  It comes in a pretty small roll and the wire takes a set.

If you use the ACS cable, it works better if you lube it with graphite.  Ours
has
over 100 hours and works fine.

Jim & Heather
N241BW