Re: Europa-List: Monowheel Brake

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Monowheel Brake
From: rparigoris <rparigor@suffolk.lib.ny.us>
Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 21:39:15

Hi Jacques

I have a XS monowheel, but am not yet flying.

I however did work on plumbing my brake system.

I suspect that you may be using american sized brake tube instead of metric. It
is so very close in size to metric, but I was not able to make a good seal, I
inspected contact area (crushed seal) after tightening down and it was very
marginal
at best. American tubing is smaller in diameter compared to supplied metric.

Another problem is that american pipe threads are oh so close to metric in
diameter
and pitch, but again not the same, so you can't just screw in place american
fittings IMHO and use american diameter hose.

I was unable to find metric brake hose in the states, I ordered the longer piece
needed from Europa.

Ron Paigoris

Visit -  www.EuropaOwners.org