Europa-List: Help needed re:- flap position indicator wires and an "inte

Subject: Europa-List: Help needed re:- flap position indicator wires and an "interogation"
From: Robert C Harrison <ptag.dev@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 06:43:19

Hi! all
I have previously had a position indictor failure on my LED bars.
I think I recall that it was the orange wire which does the
potentiometer information transfer? Mine is frozen in the fully up
indication irrespective of where the flaps are.
Can any one confirm?

I have flight tested my new Mode S Garmin 328 Transponder and it works
...except neither Waddington nor Humberside ATC have the aircraft
registration recognition  to confirm that function is working OK !
It does have a radio interference problem in that there is an
interrogation blip to be heard in the radio head sets which wasn't there
on the Garmin 320 original set.
Has anyone any suggestions?  (Except that I just wasted 1750 !)

Regards
Bob H G-PTAG
PS A "bright spark" at Wickenby suggested I infringe at Conningsby where
the Typhoons are based to see if they pick up the registration
information !