RE: Europa-List: oil leak

Subject: RE: Europa-List: oil leak
From: Robert C Harrison <ptag.dev@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 05:22:48

Hi! Paul
Did you "burp" the oil tank by propping the engine prior to start up to
pull oil out of the sump?
Sounds like oil through the turbo seal which I understand is ceramic and
probably needs to get well up to temperature at least once to make it
good? However a leaking turbo seal could pass oil up to the airbox as
well as to the air filter.
The oil in the drain also sounds like some leak past a valve guide. I
just had that on start up after a long period standing.
I take it that the "Ps" and "Ts" were all good ?
Have you purged air locks from the oil system as per the Rotax
instructions?
Sounds like you need some qualified advice IMHO.
Regards
Bob Harrison G-PTAG