RE: Europa-List: For Bud: Oil hose replacement

Subject: RE: Europa-List: For Bud: Oil hose replacement
From: ALAN YERLY <budyerly@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 2 May 2009 11:19:06

Ira=2C
I had Amazon hose supply me with the high pressure steel braded hi temp stu
ff sold for marine use for Racing at $8-10 a foot.  When my 914 dripped oil
 all over the place from the turbo return line being the supplied European
braded hose=2C I decided never to scrimp on hose again that is under heat o
r pressure.  Steel braid is not necessary in a Tri gear (in my opinion) aft
 of the fire wall.  Technically=2C the steel braid makes the proper tighten
ing of the hose more difficult.

A couple of links I used before when looking for braided fuel hose for Amaz
on to find for push on (barbed) fittings that I thought would work are:
http://www.delikon.com/marine.html
http://www.paragonperformance.com/fuel%20line%20hose.html

You know I use only Aeroquip FC332 push on blue hose for my oil lines if th
e client allows.  Great up to 250F=2C push on fittings work great and don't
 leak.  With aluminum heat shield over it where it is near exhaust or engin
e components it gives long service life.  It is just not real flexible.

Parker or Aeroquip hose for hi temp oil/petroleum is great also anywhere fo
rward of the firewall=2C but are usually suited only for non barbed fitting
s such as AN type or SAE threaded fittings.  Frankly=2C I see Rotax going t
o all crimped fittings and AN connectors on the new engines.  We builders s
hould take a lesson and have our hoses made up with proper fittings for the
 firewall forward.

Too bad I am cheap=2C and NAPA high performance fuel injection hose covered
 by Parker fire sleeve/shield is a hard combination to beat for fast=2C ful
l proof=2C hose clamp and barb fitting amatuer builder (like me) type const
ruction.

Just my opinion=2C

Bud
Custom Flight Creations (813) 653-4989