Europa-List: Dutch trip and Mode S

Subject: Europa-List: Dutch trip and Mode S
From: ivor.phillips@ntlworld.com
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 22:03:07

Hi just arrived back from Lelystad Holland, had no problems with Amsterdam info
or Dutch Mil,   But there is a special rules zone covering  Amsterdam,
 Basically you turn off your transponder before entering it and turn it back
on when leaving,  simple!       Obviously remaining clear of controlled airspace
as shown on the chart,                                There was no problem
with using mode C outside the SRZ, At least I didnt have any!
I did try to email David Corbett direct but they bounce back, so thought this
may
interest other Europa flyers as well,
regards
Ivor