Europa-List: finger strainers

Subject: Europa-List: finger strainers
From: Peter Rees <peter.rees01@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 21:59:06

Gents

I'm in the process of making up the water (or hopefully just fuel)  drain
mod for fitting to HI. I've made up the finger strainers and the manual says
that they can be soldered or reduxed. I tried to solder them but couldn't
really get the gauze clean enough to solder well enough that I was happy
there wouldn't be bits of solder wandering about on both sides of the Gauze.

I acquired another piece of gauze from Europa and this time, reduxed it
along the seam and around the end where its pinched onto the copper tube. My
question is, after soaking the unit in petrol for about 6 hours, the redux
doesn't appear to be 100 percent fuel resistant as it seems to have softened
(it was given about 72 hrs to cure). Does anyone know if Redux is OK for
permanent immersion in Mogas?

Thanks

Peter