Europa-List: 914 Turbo controller cable

Subject: Europa-List: 914 Turbo controller cable
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 17:50:31
Cheers,
        Ferg on the beg again.....
        I am trying to maximize the tiny instrument panel volume and have
come across my nemesis, the small rotating disc housing the turbo control
cable on the  motor sitting on the centre mount - quite starboard. To mount
the panel, I have carved out the base of the panel but now observe that the
2inches or so (5-6cm) excess to the disc would appear to flail about when
the controller is adjusting the gate. Since this was all mounted according
to the Europa instructions I suspect I'm not the only one.
        Thing is, can I nip a bit off what appears to be excess cable? ...
or will I find somewhere down the build I shouldn't have touched its
precious self?  That trim would give me a couple more cubic inches of space
for other devices.
        What did you do?
Ferg
Soobs and Jabs need not apply