Europa-List: Re: Question

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Question
From: Matt Dralle <dralle@matronics.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2009 08:38:39

At 08:15 AM 4/5/2009  Sunday, you wrote:
>Matte,
>        I have the feeling that a mod was applied to your valuable website
>which allowed correspondents to attach pictures to the (say) Europa list, as
>have seen recent references to such a scheme - AND I think I saw a notice
>giving details as to how to extract these photos.
>        I've tried to research to topic but don't seem to have the knack.
>        At the risk of adding to your busy day, could you confirm the
>existence of same and perhaps educate me (and/or others) as to the proper
>method of (a) adding same to our messages if warranted and (b) extracting
>same from others?
>Much obliged, Ferg
>VE3LVO@rac.ca

Hi Ferg,

Yes, quite some time ago I enabled the limited posting of some enclosure types.
Currently, these allowed types off enclosures including:

  .p7s .dat .vcf .bmp .doc .dwg .dxf .gif .jpg .jpeg .pdf .png .txt .xls

The total combined size of the incoming email message cannot exceed 4Mb
including
all enclosures, text, and MIME encoding.

Enclosures meeting the above criteria can be posted to the List via email or via
the web Forums interface.

Assuming the enclosures are valid and correctly encoded by the poster of the
message,
they should be viewable by any usual means depending on the capabilities
of the subscribers email client and/or web client.

Enclosures are *not* included in the Digest version of the email distribution.

Enclosures are *not* included in any of the traditional List archives or search
utilities.

Enclosures *are* included indefinitely in the web Forums.

As of a few months ago, enclosures are now shown full-sized, in-line in the web
Forums.  Previously, they had been only shown as icons that the user had to
click
upon to view the full-sized version.

Best regards,

Matt Dralle