Europa-List: Re: Electric VP Prop Reliablity

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Electric VP Prop Reliablity
From: Mark Burton <markb@ordern.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 06:01:48

In my previous message, I talked about checking that the fine pitch
hard stop was in a sensible position. I forgot to mention that if you want to do
that check, be very careful not to damage the switches in the hub because with
some hub designs (not all) if you overrun the limit switches, something will
break (most likely the switch). So, before you attempt such a test, look at
the switches and how they are activated and convince yourself that when the
pitch
moves to the hard limit, nothing will be damaged.

You may feel that this test is not required as the manufacturer will have set
the
hard stop to a suitable position. Personally, I no longer believe prop
manufacturers
when they say they have set the limit switches to the correct position.
I am similarly sceptical about the position of hard limits.

Read this topic online here: