Re: Europa-List: Re: fabric flammability

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: fabric flammability
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 09:57:38

On Mar 12, 2009, at 6:56 AM, rampil wrote:

> In the US, for homebuilts, there are no requirements on cabin
> materials.

        Thanks Ira.

> There is only common sense!

        I quite agree, hence my question about whether lessor standards
exist. It occurred to me that the standard for commercial aircraft
might be so onerous that other standards might exist for non-
commercial installations.

        Of course, a case can be made that for the confined cabin volume and
proximity to potential fire sources, the situation in a small aircraft
requires even more stringent standards. As you suggest,
...common sense should prevail.

        Fred