Re: Europa-List: Anyone have info how they mounted wing tip strobe

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Anyone have info how they mounted wing tip strobe
From: stephan@scassel.se
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 10:28:56

Hi Ron,

This is how I made the power supplies mounting:

1. Mark where the opening will be
http://scassel.se/europa/cap3/images4/DSCN1033.JPG

2. Prepare the flange for the panel. (3 layers of bid)
http://scassel.se/europa/cap3/images4/DSCN1034.JPG

3. Open the skin with a Dremel or similar
http://scassel.se/europa/cap3/images4/DSCN1037.JPG
http://scassel.se/europa/cap3/images4/DSCN1038.JPG
http://scassel.se/europa/cap3/images4/DSCN1039.JPG

4. Mount the flange layup from #2 (epoxy/flox or Araldite 420)
http://scassel.se/europa/cap3/images4/DSCN1041.JPG

5. After cure, open the flange (15 mm wide or so) and mount nuts.
Mount the supply with bolts through the skin. Reinforce the skin area
where the bolts enter the skin. I use counter sink bolt heads
http://scassel.se/europa/cap3/images4/DSCN1029.JPG

Done !

Regards
Stephan Cassel