Re: Europa-List: Windscreen Demister

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Windscreen Demister
From: ALAN YERLY <budyerly@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2009 21:46:08
Graham,
My website has a view of the method I use for my customers heaters.
Like most systems off the coolers, it varies the temp with the engine,
outside air and velocity.  Normally very good at 120 kias at 30 degrees
F or above.

As for demisting, most avionics put off enough heat that a small fan
blowing air from the passenger well and exiting through a hole above the
instruments (on top of the panel, in front of the pilot) works well for
our modest temps here in the SE US.  Jerry Hope said it best, "might as
well cool the instruments and keep the windscreen clear!"  He used a
small computer cooling fan of 12 volts sucking air from the curved
portion on the passenger side behind his radios and it blows across his
stack, and it exits out the top quite well.

Bud Yerly
Custom Flight Creations
Website:  customflightcreations.com