Re: Europa-List: Plenum socketsPlenum socket

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Plenum socketsPlenum socket
From: stephan@scassel.se
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 10:14:41

Hi All

I had the same problem a year ago. The socket was totally deformed.
I bought a new one from Europa. Not expensive. The new one was of much
better quality. (Completely different)
John, at Europa, thought that the plenum chamber was from a bad batch.

New one is also a bit lighter. Mine is from 2005

My advice is to buy a new one from Europa.

I have also changed the hoses (2) between carbs and plenum chamber.
Standard is not good at all.
It looks ok from outside but from inside it was a nightmare!!  Cracks and
small rubber parts missing!!
They must be exchanged. I bought 2 silicon rubber. Same sort that racing
car use. No sign of wear

Same very bad rubber is used for cooling hoses between engine and radiator.
Stefan Ingermarsson, from Sweden, sells a hose kit for 912/914 made of
silicon. Very good.

Regrds
Stephan
LN-STE  #556  Mono. 143 hour and very happy :-)