Re: Europa-List: Dooor strut repositioning.

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Dooor strut repositioning.
From: ALAN YERLY <budyerly@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 12:07:26
Richard,
Go to my website under accessories and tips.  My solution is there.
It's been working for years.  When Andy Draper looked at my mod, he
tried to make it perfect.  It is unfortunate that it is perfectly heavy,
much heavier and harder to finish when complete...

Getting the geometry right is the key.  I make a piece of aluminum that
is the length of a almost completely compressed strut ( 8 inches or so)
and use it as a guide.  I am very big on jigs and fixtures which many
are not.  Getting the clearances right takes some time.  It takes me
about 3 hours to do the whole mod using super glue vice 5 minute...
Don't use superglue if the glass is in, just incase you get sloppy,
which is easy to do

Some are confused about the top hole for the ball stud, but it is easier
than I have stated in my instructions.  Mark a line down the center of
the angle in the upper door recess.  Measure out and down one inch.
Make a hole.

Bud Yerly
www.customflightcreations.com<http://www.customflightcreations.com/>