Re: Europa-List: How to best route wires to wing

Subject: Re: Europa-List: How to best route wires to wing
From: rparigor@suffolk.lib.ny.us
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 04:01:17

Hi Fred

Thx. for the reply.

"Given
the space above the spar provided by the wing root fairing, why would you
not go w/ the recommendation in the manual?"

I can agree
with what is recommended in manual for mypitot, static, and
can also follow suit with AOA and Stall warner tube locations.

My real question is with the high voltage wires for the strobe
system that I have never seen a factory recommended location for power
supply or wire run.

I have a Kunzleman strobe with one power
supply that is mounted in the fuse.

Running the high
voltage wires, even though they are shielded right next to the com coax
RG-400 cableI am not thrilled about. Thus if I mount power supply on
the starboard baggage rib, would need to run high voltage wires along seam
of fuse till forward of the rear of seats, then could go down and
out the suggested area Europa recommends for pitot and static
tubes.They would parallel my positive battery wire on the starboard
and the negative battery wire on the port side.

I could also
mount power supply just aft of the wheel well mud guard, but kind of a
pain to mount and running power in and high voltage out can be done,
but kinda labor intensive.

Or I can mount power supply on
the starboard baggage rib, easy to mount, easy to access and run high
voltage wires on the bottom of the baggage shelf outboard next to the fuse
and above the flap arm and make a very short run when it exits the front
face of the baggage bay shelf and run out of fuse slightly above and
slightly aft of the rear lift pin mounting pad. High voltage would be
clear of antenna and battery cables. This is what I am kinda thinking at
the moment.

I think it can be done without jeopardizing the
strength of the rear lift pin area in a meaningful way, but would feel a
lot better if someone else has experience doing this and not having rear
lift pin failure.

Ron Parigoris