RE: Europa-List: Panel lighting

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Panel lighting
From: Greg Fuchs <gregoryf.flyboy@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 16:46:42

Hi Fred,

I am not speaking from experience, however the EFIS and GPS are light
generators, and don't depend on white reflected light in order to see their
colors properly. They generate their own. My guess is the cockpit lighting
will not affect the EFIS and GPS screens in any way.....there could be a
physiological affect on the eyes, if the red cockpit lighting sensitizes the
eyes to colors differently....but I would think it would be negligible.

My $0.01,
Greg