Europa-List: Paul Prout

Subject: Europa-List: Paul Prout
From: Graham Singleton <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 00:57:56

I have some sad news to pass on to the Group, or should I say Europa
family.  Many of you will have known Paul Prout, Kim's father, who was
very much a guiding light when Kim started to build first a Long EZ,
then his outstanding Europa Classic. Paul passed away peacefully in his
sleep last night, aged 92
I first met Paul during the early Europa days when he and Kim visited
Yorkshire to buy an early Classic kit. We were all impressed with his
understanding of the dynamics and engineering of small aircraft.  Paul
worked in aviation most of his life, eventually at Lockheed Skunk Works.
He was always generous with his friendship.  I was lucky enough to meet
him again in June last year and spent a couple of hours in his company
with Kim. He was certainly quite frail but very happy to chat with me
and reminisce about EZs and Europas, plus a few stories of his Lockheed
days. He loved sharing his knowledge and experience with the Europa
family. I will always remember his smile.
Kim has asked me to pass on his thanks to everyone who knew and
befriended Paul.
Graham