Re: Europa-List: Rotax Preheat update pleae

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Rotax Preheat update pleae
From: Paul McAllister <paul.the.aviator@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 15:33:49

Hi Ira,

The Reiff is working fine for me.  He sells two variations for the
Rotax.  One heats the engine block, oil tank and the coolant. The
other model, which I purchased is minus the coolant heater.

When the unit arrived I realized it was something  that probably could
be fabricated easily by purchasing a couple of the small heating pads
---From an auto parts store and putting one on the engine and one on the
oil tank. The Reiff heater does have thermostat for the oil tank, so
you would have to fabricate this as well.

BTW, Reiff did confirm that the cement for the pads is JB Weld

Paul