Europa-List: [off-topic] wilma carson

Subject: Europa-List: [off-topic] wilma carson
From: Rowland & Wilma Carson <rowil@clara.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 18:12:25

Many of our friends have already been informed, but I keep realising
there are others I haven't contacted, so I hope you will forgive the
use of this forum to reach anyone I may have missed with the
following sad notice. (If you don't know who Wilma or Rowland is,
just delete this and move on.)

Wilma Carson died on the morning of Tuesday 13th Jan about 08:00.

We had a good Christmas day together, but she became ill on 26th Dec
with a severely distended abdomen and was unable to eat or drink
without vomiting since then. After it became clear that it was not
just her usual sort of digestive problem or a bad stomach bug, she
was admitted to hospital on Monday 5th January with a suspected bowel
obstruction, and was re-hydrated on a drip. Various tests indicated
cancer in both abdomen and ovaries. She became progressively weaker,
and although uncomfortable was not in any pain.

Although shocked by the diagnosis (as we all were), she was
philosophical about it, and a couple of days before she died said
that if she did not survive she would be content as she felt she had
achieved her life's purpose of spiritual union.

Please contact me direct <rowil@clara.net> if you want to know about
funeral arrangements. Issue of the death certificate (and thus
funeral planning) has been delayed by the need for a post-mortem.

regards

Rowland