Europa-List: Anyone using a Jabiru 3300 on the monowheel

Subject: Europa-List: Anyone using a Jabiru 3300 on the monowheel
From: TELEDYNMCS@aol.com
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 08:24:06

Dear Europaphiles,Just a quick question for the list has or  is anybody havin
g success with powering their Europa with the Jab 3300?  =C2-I have one on
our Zenith 601XL and we have been quite pleased with it's  performance.Thanks
for your time and consideration.Jeff Paris Europa  Monowheel classic #A012

Hey Jeff,

I installed a Jabiru 3300 in N245E, a trigear, and it works great!  There are
several other Europas with Jabiru engines either flying or  currently under
construction in the USA. FWIW, I'm very pleased with  the engine. It's
powerful, quiet and I really like the looks of the longer  cowl. I've also read
that
the hydraulic lifer version of the 3300  passed JAR certification recently.

My cowls and FWF package were supplied by Andy Silvester  and Suncoast
Sportplanes. Andy shut his business down a  while back, but I'm told by the Jab

dealer out in CA that he has  access to Andy's cowl molds and would be willing
produce "Jabiropa" FWF kits  if there is interest. I discussed my install with

him last week and  I'm in the process of putting together a package of info
for him that will aid  him in formulating a FWF package based on what I did.
Contact me off list and  I'll shoot you some photos.

Regards,

John  Lawton
Whitwell, TN (TN89)
N245E -  Flying