Re: Europa-List: Prop Efficiency

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Prop Efficiency
From: ALAN YERLY <budyerly@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 22:33:38
Ira,
Great article on trying to simplify prop performance estimates.  I spent
the morning today going through my prop stuff looking to do the same.
Nothing simple about it, it is all time consuming and laborious.  It's a
lot more fun to fly, especially with the reduction in gas prices.  In
the past, I had never ran across Lowry's in my search of the NACA/NASA
sites or book sites, but then again, the last time I actually had a new
text book in my hand was 30 years ago.  Now with my son Eric in Aero at
Central Florida, I am disturbed that none of their texts reference much
about old technology stuff like propellers used in general aviation.

See you at SnF if you can make it...
Bud
P.S. It was 82 at the shop today.  Wanted to turn the air on.