RE: Europa-List: Coolant leak

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Coolant leak
From: Karl Heindl <kheindl@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 00:44:52

Paul=2C

I think you will find a faulty connection. We get temps down to -25C=2C wit
h my Europa in the garage. I also use 50/50 coolant.

Karl
> Date: Fri=2C 26 Dec 2008 18:15:33 -0600> From: paul.the.aviator@gmail.com
> To: europa-list@matronics.com> Subject: Europa-List: Coolant leak> > -->
Europa-List message posted by: "Paul McAllister" <paul.the.aviator@gmail.co
m>> > Hi All=2C> > It has been miserably cold here for the past month and I
 haven't flown> my aircraft. I ventured out to my hanger today (unheated) t
o be> greeted by the sight of coolant on the floor. It is dripping from the
> radiator area.> > I haven't investigated further=2C I'll have to move my
airplane to the> heated workshop area of my hanger first=2C but I had a few
 questions for> the folks on the forum.> > I have a 50:50 mix of water/glyc
ol in my aircraft. The coldest it has> been in the last 30 days is zero deg
rees Fahrenheit=2C -18 centigrade.> Has anyone had experience of 50:50 mix
of water/glycol would freeze> at this temperature ?. My quick research sugg
ests it freezes at -36F> > For people living nearer to the Arctic circle th