Europa-List: Re: Revised Europa Specifications

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Revised Europa Specifications
From: rampil <ira.rampil@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 13:51:14

Hi All,

Thanks for the input Remi!

I think Rotax is using a sleigh of hand, inconsistently using a moving
target for power output.  The engine is advertised as 100 hp, and
only in fine print does one see a 5 min max duration for the rated power.
Therefore I was using the advertised power rating in my table, which
I enclose below.  I can put 75% of max continuous power in fine
print on the table.  The table is a simple model, but I find it useful since
I lack a dyno to test with.

BTW, I published the Diamond power chart some months back since it
confirmed my measured fuel flows as increasing with altitude.

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year,

--------
Ira N224XS

Read this topic online here: