Europa-List: A lot to look forward to and be thankful for!

Subject: Europa-List: A lot to look forward to and be thankful for!
From: ALAN YERLY <budyerly@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 21:26:30
I looked at all my family visiting tonight at dinner, and am thankful
not just for them but my extended family of aviation enthusiasts, Europa
builders and owners. I can't believe how blessed I am with good health
(allowing for the extra fat and baldness), an excellent airplane design
to go thrashing about in, and a family of Europa builders and fliers,
who share their experiences and even allow an dumb fighter pilot like me
to share my experiences with them once in a while.  (Don't forget Mat
Dralle as keeper of the site we all use.)

As a dealer for the aircraft, I am thankful that you all contributed to
keeping the spirit of Europa alive, and as a result, we are blessed to
have a revival of the company.  Believe it or not, all your suggestions
are being worked, massaged, cost analyzed, and already some are being
implemented.  Thanks to Roger Bull, and John Wheeler for carrying the
flag, and now under the leadership of Dave Stanbridge the company enjoys
new energy and is progressing at a brisk pace.

Marketing strategies are in place, air-show dates set, the website is
drawing potential buyers, advertising is coming out soon, and more
importantly, your feedback is making the product better, easier to
build, and cost effective.

Since I last spoke at the Rough River Fly-in, we have really taken off.
The aircraft is being worked from nose to tail.  From tail plane mods to
new nose wheel axels, new parts and construction methods are coming to
make the plane easier to build and maintain. From wingtip to wingtip,
manufacturing efficiencies are being tested, evaluated and implemented.
The motor glider wing is in final test and approval phase for world wide
sales, and a whole new LSA wing is in design.  Gross weight increases
and structural analysis evaluations are in the works also.  All this
adds value to our existing aircraft.

There is a new spirit at Europa and I am excited to be part of it.  In
the next few months, you will see more coming, and we look forward to
your input.  Please keep the information on your experiences,
performance, and suggestions coming.  All of your contributions are
important.  They do not fall on deaf ears.  After all, we are a family.

Have a happy holiday season, and a safe and prosperous new year.

Bud Yerly
Custom Flight Creations
US Europa Dealer
Owner A54A now ready for engine run and airworthiness inspection.
Unless I get another idea for a mod.