RE: Europa-List: Aileron hinge wear

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Aileron hinge wear
From: Terry Seaver terrys <terrys@cisco.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 09:50:13
We added the third hinge, per Kim Prout's suggestion, and installed
teflon tubing on our hinge pins, as described in the following URL.
With over 600 hours now on the plane, we have had no problems with the
aileron hinges.  Still tight hinges and no need to lube.  We also did
this mod recently on our motor glider wings, which was not that
difficult, once you get the hang of if.

http://terryseaver.home.comcast.net/~terryseaver/N135TD_mods.htm#Teflon_
sleeving_for_hinge_pins

regards,