Europa-List: fuel pump etc

Subject: Europa-List: fuel pump etc
From: Rowland & Wilma Carson <rowil@clara.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 21:14:06

I'm intending to fit aluminium pipe (and braided nitrile) instead of
the smelly rubber stuff and am trying to plan the pipe runs from the
fuel selector area back to the fuel pump. It seems wise to put the
aluminium pipes in before I stick down the cockpit module, although
the manual leaves it to much later for the rubber pipes.

The picture on page 6-4 of the 912 FWF manual seems to show that the
pipe from the selector goes back near the fuselage floor (or perhaps
higher up at the port side of the tunnel), and that the pipe coming
forward from the pump runs near the top of the tunnel through the
tank.

I guess this is all in line with the philosophy of a gradually-rising
pipe from tank to engine - but obviously it can't quite adhere to
that throughout.

I don't want to clip a pipe in a position where it will get in the
way of stuff to be installed later such as the flap actuation
mechanism.

I plan to install an Andair gascolator, and the obvious place where
there is some room for that is alongside the pump.

Does anyone have any advice or comments about:

(a) the routing of aluminium pipes from the selector area to the pump;

(b) the location of an Andair 375 gascolator.

Are there any pictures online of the SS502 / 40106 pump (apparently a
Facet item) or an Andair 375 gascolator installation for a 912s?

regards

Rowland