Europa-List: Exhaust pipe

Subject: Europa-List: Exhaust pipe
From: Steven Pitt <steven.pitt2@ntlworld.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 17:35:20
Remi,
The front port pipe on my 912S engine had the pipe and bell fitting (the
flange that is bolted onto the engine) come apart at the weld (see picture
as this explains better than my words). I realised I had a problem when
taking off and I heard a noise that I had not heard before. The pipe was
able to rattle in the flange fitting but did not fall off and was only
observed once the engine cooled and I was able to grab the pipes and shake
them.
I did not loose power but aborted the take off due to the change in noise.
The engine has done 120 hours.
Hope this helps.
Regards
Steve Pitt