RE: Europa-List: Rudder Lock

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Rudder Lock
From: Richard Iddon <riddon@sent.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 23:28:56

I made a 'T' bar from plastic waste pipe, about 1.25 in diameter. I
trimmed the ends of the cross bar so they sit over the rudder pedals and
glued a short vertical piece of pipe on the end of the 'leg'.  I cut
half this away so it sits against the stick and I hold it in place with
a bungee cord which I fixed under the panel. The bungee just loops over
the stick. It not only stops the rudder from banging about but
stabilises the ailerons and tailpane also. In very strong winds it can
shake loose but for most conditions it works a treat.  Took me less than
an hour to make, weighs only a few ounces and cost very little.

Richard Iddon G-RIXS
<pilot.whittingham@googlemail.com>

Hi Guys, before i try to reinvent the wheel, does anyone know how to
stop the rudder from moving about in the wind please?