Re: Europa-List: Woodcomp SR 2000 for sale, or free to a good home

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Woodcomp SR 2000 for sale, or free to a good home
From: Richard Collings <r.collings@onetel.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 12:38:37

Hi David , I am not interested in buying your prop as you can see I am along
way off across "the pond" but your email has prompted me to ask the question
"which prop and how many blades" ? You obviously have some experience with a
2 bladed prop and I am sorry for your troubles but
are going to stay with 2 blades or change to 3? I know that 3 bladed props
look sexier but I understand they are less efficient cost more and weigh
more. I plan to fit a variable pitch prop of some sort onto my Trigear and
see an advantage in keeping the weight down as I only have 80 hp. Informed
comment on this topic would be appreciated.  Regards all  Richard Collings
[working towards closing the fuselage]