Europa-List: Europa wingroot fairing

Subject: Europa-List: Europa wingroot fairing
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 17:56:54
Graham...I am too...here's a couple of pixs of a pair mocked up on Jeff
Roberts' trigear, Gold Rush, taken at the Rough River Europa Fly In.
I'm going to be sending a set to Jeff Behrens who will be installing
them on his trigear, Baby Blue; hopefully he will be able to post some
before and after performance data. Bit of a hold up at the moment while
I deal with an underside closure panel aft of the flap. Although the
fairing's been designed as a 3 piece unit (foreward portion to be
bonded to the wing, part of the aft portion to be bonded to the flap,
and rearmost to become part of the fuselage) in order to allow
transport on the standard monowheel trailer, Jeff is planning on
installing it in 2 pieces, allowing the aft portion to bond to the
fuselage w/ the flap retracting up to mate w/ the fairing. Thanks for
enquiring,

Fred
A194

--