Re: Europa-List: emergency exits [was: Re: Jos Okhuisen]

Subject: Re: Europa-List: emergency exits [was: Re: Jos Okhuisen]
From: Ralph K. Hallett III <n100rh@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 21:38:01

The AOPA seminar a few years back on how to survive a crash was great.
 They asked what the fire extinguisher was for and everyone gave the
obvious question.

The speaker said "no, it's useless for almost all fires you're likely to
encounter in flight.  Use it to spray on the plexiglass to freeze it and
then use it to hammer your way out through the window".