Europa-List: Re: Europa-List: Classic stall =?ISO-8859-1?Q?characterist

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Europa-List: Classic stall =?ISO-8859-1?Q?characteristics?
From: Carl Pattinson <carl@flyers.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 17:47:32

I wouldnt describe the Classic stall as nasty.

If the ball is level, flaps retracted it is unlikely ther will be a wing
drop and simply lowering the nose is enough to recover. If the wing drops
use rudder (not aileron) to correct the incipient spin.

Elsewhere somebody said level the wings - this implies using aileron which
can make the spin worse.

With flaps down many classics will drop a wing but that is probably down to
the alignment of the flaps, not the difference in the wings.

Eliminating the wing drop is relatively easy -  fit stall strips to make
both wings stall simultaneously.

If you are worried about the stall characteristics of the Classic get a ride
in one and check it out for yourself. It really is a non event.