Europa-List: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Re=3A_Europa-List=3A_Jos_Okhuisen?

Subject: Europa-List: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Re=3A_Europa-List=3A_Jos_Okhuisen?
From: Carl Pattinson <carl@flyers.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2008 19:15:09

http://www.europaowners.org/modules/gallery/album206/Ivan_ja_Jos_4

http://www.europaowners.org/modules/gallery/Instument-panel/IMG_0001_001

Asssuming it is the same as the one initially installed, the prop is a
Wooscomp SR3000 with a Smart Avionics controller with a reverse pitch
switch.

We are about to install the same (minus reverse or feathering option).
Checking through the prop and controller manual it would seem that correctly
installed it is virtually impossible for the blades to go outside the normal
operating range (16.2 - 29.2 degrees) . The blades have cams and
microswitches that cut off the current if the limits are exceeded and there
is a second cutoff microswitch which will operate in the unlikely event the
primary switch fails (ie:short circuits). Of course switches can work their
way loose

Im not sure how the reverse pitch option affects the above.

Not sure you can prepare100% for an equipment malfunction - pretty much the
same as an engine failure - fly the aircraft and get it down in one piece
(if you can).