Europa-List: Spar Strap layup vs lift pins

Subject: Europa-List: Spar Strap layup vs lift pins
From: craig bastin <craigb@onthenet.com.au>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 18:48:15

I now have my spar pins fitting beautifully and I am up to fitting the lift
pin sockets/drag bar and I was reading
further through the chapter about the spar strap I have concerns about
fitting the pin sockets etc and then
doing the spar strap after that, mainly that the strap may hold the wings at
a slightly different angle to
the rigged position in the AC. I feel i should probably do the spar strap
first effectively locking the
wings together for when i do the lift pins/drag bar.

Rather than doing the pin sockets, then the spar strap, only to find that
the pins no longer
locate in the sockets easily.

Has anyone had an issue with this or am i worrying about nothing

craig