Re: Europa-List: Inspecting Rotax Oil Filters

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Inspecting Rotax Oil Filters
From: Rick Stockton <aireupora@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 10:16:21

Carl, if you have some of the oil, collect it in a sample bottle and send it to
a oil Analyze lab.  They will give you a complete breakdown of everything that
is in your oil and then you can do a trend monitoring.    They will also tell
you which part in the engine is breakdown.  I've used the service in every
engine
I've own.  I would do about three a year the first year the start two then
one a year.  It gives a great history of the engine and can be used as a selling
piont.