RE: Europa-List: FW: Glider wings

Subject: RE: Europa-List: FW: Glider wings
From: Terry Seaver terrys <terrys@cisco.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 15:29:19
Hi Karl,

1) You are correct in saying the aileron push rod and rod end will need
a slot in the top of the skin and a small fairing on top to make it
clean.  We fabricated a soft aluminum piece and bonded it in place with
silicon caulk (RTV).

2) The ailerons do not fit the closeouts very well.  As I recall, we
needed to grind away a good portion of the rear of the closeout, and
ended up with the ailerons a little higher than the top of the closeout
and just live with it.

regards,
Terry Seaver