Europa-List: Europa Trailer Tie Rods

Subject: Europa-List: Europa Trailer Tie Rods
From: MJKTuck@cs.com
Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 22:36:58
Hi Folks,

I'm fortunate to have a hangar for my Europa, but I do still use the Europa
supplied trailer on occasion - usually to do my annual check, like I did today.

I find that I always have a problem getting the tie rods to lock the ramp in
place once the aircraft is on the trailer. Today they seem too short. I think
it has something to do with the tire pressure. I seem to have run out of
adjustment.

Have any of you who use the trailer have a better tie rod method which is
adjustable once the aircraft is on to 'take up the slack' - a chain maybe, or
some other adjustable rod/linkage.

Any ideas would be appreciated?

Regards,
Martin Tuck