Re: Europa-List: Dynon D10 Remote compass Position

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Dynon D10 Remote compass Position
From: Raimo Toivio <raimo.toivio@rwm.fi>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 12:30:06
Colin,

I am not sure if it was The Optimum Pos,
but anyway I installed it (Dynon remote compass)
behind the D-panel under the stabilator tube (middle).

Under the remote compass I made a special aluminium bracket
which was both ways *absolutely* levelled when the plane was supported
to the flevel flight position.

I glued it to the floor by Sica mass.

The remote compass is fixed to the bracket w Nylon screws and nuts
- so no any magnetic metal near by. Nylon screws are positioned such a
way that it is possible to make some minor adjustments to reposition the
remote compass.

Seems to work well. If necessary I can take a pic and send it to you.

BTW my Dynon=B4s OAT sensor is located far behind the remote compass.

Raimo