Europa-List: Refueling (Rotax)

Subject: Europa-List: Refueling (Rotax)
From: Raimo Toivio <raimo.toivio@rwm.fi>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 01:40:55
All The Europa Refuelers,

I do not like to use 100LL (w Rotax).
That makes my engine (912S) unhappy, really.

So - if possible - I carry Mogas to the airfield.
That is not fun. I really hate it, to refuel it.
Same time, I do love to pump Cessna by 100LL.

More unfun is to refuel Europa by *normal* way because

- a canister is heavy to keep up
- it takes a long time to refuel even 60 litres = 3 cans
- it is unsafe for refueler=B4s  health to be near when refueling
- there is a possibility [because of the contact between can and plane]
to flame and burn whole Europa and maybe your *whole life work*
- when almost full, it tends to come some fuel out from breathing tube

I think most of the problems are out w attached equipment. As you see
there is also for extra safety a real Europa fuel filter (they are extra
for me because I use one piece solid ones). In my case the fuel pump is
a cheap one - only 1,5 litres /minute - but so there is a good time to
check the plane! The power is taken from the `Jump Start` as in the pic
OR from my Europas EPS (External Power Source).

It took only 10 minutes to make this idea to live in Today.

Raimo

OH-XRT Europa XS Mono #417
The Experimental of The Year 2007
37500  Lempaala