Europa-List: Monos only need open

Subject: Europa-List: Monos only need open
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 17:38:27

Gen'mens,
        I read with interest the byplay from Nigel and Graham, plus others
regarding the laying
of blame for ground-looping. I agree entirely with their appreciations.
        Thoughts then turned to unrequested retraction of outriggers and I
leapt to the wing to
see what happens. Apparently my outrigger(s) unlock if the flaps retract
only minutely. It then
occurred to me that I may not maintain sufficient pressure on the flap
control tube to prevent
a bounce allowing the flap to bounce up and unlock the shopping-cart wheel.
        Have you tried this? Is it possible? ...or am I unnecessarily
concerned - or have I taken
too much off the particular shape which controls this?
        Tricycles need not apply.
Ferg