Europa-List: FW: Wing fillets...per prevoious discussion

Subject: Europa-List: FW: Wing fillets...per prevoious discussion
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 22:43:14
        Having discovered what Mitchell prescribed for the Spitfire (which
can't be all that bad, I decided half-bad was better than sharp corners, so
went half way...  The method was to fit foam forms to the flap area and
carve a suitable shape which would slide the fillets under the GraSing ones
at the trailing edge. PLUS I thought the fillet, when flaps extended, might
serve partially as a fence to prevent unnecessary air being dumped off the
flap.... Maybe not.
        I have uploaded 4 photos of my project. showing the installation of
fairings/fillets.
        Go to the EuropaOwners gallery and I'm about fifth album down
        The series shows (I hope) fourth, a mod to one flap inboard end. The
fillet slides under the trailing edge end of the main fillet, visible in the
first three shots. I began with Graham Singleton's excellent fillet set, and
embellished by extending the function to the flaps.
                Further explanation, on demand.
Cheers, Ferg