Europa-List: ICOM IC A200 and offset carrier ground stations

Subject: Europa-List: ICOM IC A200 and offset carrier ground stations
From: Sean O'Reilly <seanmoreilly@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 13:56:14

Those of you equipped with the Icom IC A200 transceiver may be interested i
n the following....

ICOM UK confirmed to me today that the IC A200 appears NOT to be compatible
 with offset carrier ground stations.  This was confirmed after recent test
s conducted by the CAA.

This would explain my experience of an increasing number of LARS / commerci
al airport ground stations transmissions being missed by my A200.  My trans
missions are being recieved however (as confirmed by an aircraft relaying m
essages).

Anyone else had similar problems?

Sean O'Reilly
Reigate, UK