Re: Europa-List: Renewing Rapco trike brake linings......

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Renewing Rapco trike brake linings......
From: R Holder <rholder@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 15:00:23

Rman wrote:

> I'm not close to my brake supplies, but I believe the
> rivets should be 4-6 (or was it 4-8)  At any rate, I
> had to purchase the rivets separately, as the ones
> supplied with the linings were too short.  Once you
> have the proper rivets, the rest is a piece of cake.
>
> Jeff - Baby Blue 370 hrs

Bob

I can confirm you have to use the 4-6 rivets which ACS
sell, and so do Europa.

This is because the backplate is ali and is thicker. Steel
backplates are thinner and use 4-4 rivets !

ACS also sell a rivet removal/replacing tool which is a
screw fit and does not need the use of a hammer !

Richard Holder
G-OWWW Classic Tri-Gear