Europa-List: Dynon angle of attack mode

Subject: Europa-List: Dynon angle of attack mode
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 10:36:57

William,
        I cannot help with the Dynon ste-up because I opted for the
Advanced-Flight systems AoA Sport (formerly Jim Frantz`design).
        My reasoning was that one should not be consulting the instrument
panel on final approach, or preparing for a forced landing........ The US
Navy system (on which Jim based his design) provides a simple coloured
indicator in your line of sight for landing, and the airspeed indicator
takes second place. My indicator is small but effective and right beside the
runway edge when approaching and flaring - it changes colour as you change
AoA.
        It is also useful for correlating ideal speeds for turbulence,
engine-out, best climb and endurance amongst others - all of these in sight
in the window.
Good luck
Ferg
Not yet flying but system tested......