Re: Europa-List: Re: 2 1/4 inch ASI and Alt

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: 2 1/4 inch ASI and Alt
From: jimpuglise@comcast.net
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2008 16:22:26
Ira-

I may have said it incorrectly.  I have a 2 1/4 ASI that is totally independent
of the Dynon ASI and fed by the Eurpoa pitot-static, so should not need to
depend
on the GPS for airspeed.  I have both the Eurropa and Dynon ASI/AOA probes
on my port wing and they operate totally independently.  The only thing in
common
is a shared static source comming from the Europa ASI.  I may have misstated
in my earlier e-mail.  I am particularly anxious to see how the Dynon AOA
indicator works.  The theory is very simple and seems like a great solution.

Thanks --

Jim

From: "rampil" <ira.rampil@gmail.com>

> Jim,
>
> Be very careful! Your 396 can give you ground speed, not ASI.
> Don't find out the difference hard way if your EFIS fails during a
> tailwind!
>
> --------
> Ira N224XS
>

> Read this topic online here:

<DIV>Ira-</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I may have said it incorrectly.&nbsp; I have a 2 1/4 ASI that is totally
independent
of the Dynon ASI and fed by the Eurpoa pitot-static, so should not
need to depend on the GPS for airspeed.&nbsp; I have both the Eurropa and Dynon
ASI/AOA probes on my port wing and they operate totally independently.&nbsp;
The only thing in common is a shared static source comming from the Europa
ASI.&nbsp;
I may have misstated in my earlier e-mail.&nbsp; I am particularly anxious
to see how the Dynon AOA indicator works.&nbsp; The theory is very simple
and seems like a great solution. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Thanks --</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>