Re: Europa-List: bowden cables, sliders

Subject: Re: Europa-List: bowden cables, sliders
From: Jeff B <topglock@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 09:02:09

Jos,

When I added the heater door to Baby blue, I used a universal push/pull
(choke)cable assembly from Auto Zone.  Works just fine...

Jeff - Baby Blue
363 hrs

josok wrote:

> Hi All,
> The ventilation-heating system has been installed. It should work, as far as
i can imagine. The difficult part for me is how to operate the selector valves.
I ordered some cables from ACS, but these are way to stiff to flex nicely into
the narrow spaces available. Bowden cables like in use on bicycles probably
should do the trick, but then i need some buttons or sliders on the other side.
I have no idea on what's available and from where. Anybody with some idea before
i start machining something from scratch?