Re: AW: Europa-List: auxillary fuel tank

Subject: Re: AW: Europa-List: auxillary fuel tank
From: Graham Singleton <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2008 00:41:54

Bruno
I remember meeting Walter briefly at Kirkbymoorside when he collected
his kit. He wasn't very familiar with English and my german is no better
but he had immense confidence at the time. I once saw the glider he
built for Hans Werner Grosse at Luebeck just after it took off, 30 meter
wingspan wasn't it? The wings were amazing, tips in flight must have
been at least a meter above the fuselage in a lovely smooth curve.
It's sad that Walter doesn't talk to us. He fitted the first extended
tailwheel years before the factory did it. His windsceen was much deeper
than ours which gives better visibility and he still cruised at 140kts
on an 80hp 912. He even towed gliders with it.
Pity he never worked for Europa factory! What an airplane we would have
had then!
Graham