Europa-List: RE: Europa-List Digest: 12 Msgs - 11/29/07

Subject: Europa-List: RE: Europa-List Digest: 12 Msgs - 11/29/07
From: David.Corbett <david.corbett5@btinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 18:21:12

Jim & Heather,

Many thanks for that; enlarging the hole is an option, but I am still hoping
for a genius to come up with a solution that will avoid that route!

Can you tell me what the issue date of your Manual, Chapter 23, is? My
equivalent chapter 24 was 17/1/96; I would like to know when the manual
upgraded the hole from 4" to 5".

David

-------------------------

We have been quite successful working in the rear of our XS using the access
holes
specified in CBM and Mono Build Manual Chapt 23.  The actual opening is 4
inch diameter.  The opening required in the skin was 5 inch diameter (see
the
diagram in paragraph 7).  Perhaps you can enlarge the ones in your fuselage.

Granted, there is not a lot of room but it's not too bad to work through the
large
hole and look through the small viewing hole above.  We have had the entire
tailplane torque tube out of the airplane using these holes.

Jim & Heather
N241BW
XS  A185